We’re glad you found us. Here’s a little more about our organization. We are…
- Peer Counselors: At Uncle Joe’s, all undergraduate members of the Washington University community are welcome to stop by during our office hours or call any time to talk about ANY problems or concerns.
- Confidential: Uncle Joe’s members will not disclose any information about a client’s identity or situation. The only circumstances in which confidentiality is not maintained are cases in which an individual is in immediate and severe danger.
- A Resource Library: We have an abundant supply of available resource materials, pamphlets and brochures covering a wide range of issues that college students and others commonly face.
- Student-Run and Staffed: All of our counselors are Washington University students who have volunteered their time and energy to serve our community.
- Highly Trained: All Joes have undergone over 100 hours of intense training on an extensive range of issues that members of our community may be facing.
- Referrals: If a client wants ongoing or additional help, we have referrals to over 100 different organizations on campus and in the St. Louis area.